Flexitech recently joined the North East Region Network. One development they have is creation of a new engineering sector body by the three councils of Monaghan, Louth and Cavan making up the “North East Region”. There is five strategic objectives put in place for 2020.
- To use the full extent of talent residing in the North-East to drive enterprises investment and growth.
- Implement a holistic approach to workforce development in the North-East region, matching workers’ skills to needs in the region’s enterprises and further developing the knowledge, skills and competencies of those currently in the workplace.
- Achieve development and growth in the face of external challenges by strengthening SME resilience in the North-East.
- Building on niche strengths and fostering clustering amongst enterprises to drive a higher level of economic success in the North-East.
- Helping to strengthen the attractiveness of the North-East as a destination to visit.